To go on a pilgrimage means to be on a journey.
A journey that involves the discovery of places and emotions,
but also the rediscovery of oneself and one's spirituality.
The Pilgrim routes
In Cammino is an itinerary of the spirit, of culture, of art and of the sustainable economy.
Along the roads of the Via Francigena, In cammino proposes a choir journey through the most important Abbeys of Europe, which will become theatres of culture, mutual enrichment, and places of study and revitalized thought, especially through artistic experiences and performances.
The project’s duration, three years, from 2023 to 2025, ideally follows a path aimed at the next Jubilee, seeing Rome as the final destination to gather and organize all the ideas, reflections, and insights promoted and collected along the In cammino journey.
The In cammino project develops along two main trajectories over three years:
- The Abbeys, tangible signs of a historical continuity spanning from the Middle Ages to our days.
- The pilgrims’ routes, among which the Via Francigena, symbolic paths that unite the history and culture of Europe.
The Abbeys “In Cammino” 2023
Abbey of Saint Augustin
July 28, 2023
Theme : Travel/Pilgrimages
September 15, 2023
Theme: Humanity/Stay human
St. Gallen Abbey
29 November 2023
December 21, 2023
Programme “In Cammino” 2023/2025
Canterbury Abbey (Great Britain)
Chiaravalle Abbey Milanese (Italy)
• February 2024 – Fifth stage of the route
Plankstetten Abbey (Germany)
• May 2024 – Sixth stage of the route
Bamberg / Nuremberg
• June 2024 – Seventh stage of the route
Centoporte Abbey, (Italy) Otranto
• July 2024 – Eighth stage of the route
Konigshoeven Abbey (Netherlands)
• September 2024 – Ninth stage of the route
Reims Abbey (France)
• March 2025 – Tenth stage of the route
Hautvilliers Abbey (France)
• May 2025 – Eleventh stage of the route
Fulda Abbey (Germany)
• July 2025 – Twelfth stage of the route
Sacra di San Michele (Italy)
• September 2025 – Thirteenth stage of the route
Lérins Abbey (France)
• December 2025 – Fourteenth stage of the route
Abbey in the process of being defined (Lazio)